There are few handheld Ham radios as functional as the Baofeng BF-F8HP. It turns out to be a great radio for both beginners and advanced Hams alike.
However, it’s also easy to improve its functionality further with the right accessories. The accessories we have reviewed below not only enhance the performance of your BF-F8HP, but also make it easier to use and carry.
So let’s walk you through these 5 great accessories for your Baofeng BF-F8HP.
Best Baofeng BF-F8HP Accessories
Here are our Baofeng BF-F8HP accessory reviews.
This is a complete accessory set for your Baofeng BF-F8HP. It greatly enhances the overall utility of your BF-F8HP.
It includes a large capacity 3800mAh battery, which will keep your BF-F8HP charged for 2 days or longer. It will be a great option for many Hams that like to travel with their handheld Ham radio. Many users mention how this large capacity high-quality battery alone makes the kit worth it.
But there’s a lot more as well. There’s a USB charge cable and a programming cable, both offering a lot of convenience with the latter paving the way for easy programming for beginners. The speaker mic and Ham radio operator are some great extras too.
- This is a complete kit for your Baofeng BF-F8HP
- The large capacity 3800mAh battery alone makes the kit worth it for many users
- The charging cable offers convenience and the programming cable makes it easy to program the radio using the PC
- The speaker mic is pretty functional too
- It might seem a bit pricey to some users but for so many accessories including the large capacity battery it’s worth every penny
It’s a dual band antenna measuring 15.6 inches, and comes at a relatively cheap price. It does a great job at boosting the signal of your Baofeng BF-F8HP, much better than anything you will get with the stock antenna.
Users report it improves the sound clarity significantly as well. It helps get a better performance from your radio even in less than ideal conditions. The max power it can handle is 10 watts so it covers the max power output of your Baofeng BF-F8HP.
- Quality dual band antenna compatible with many Baofeng two way radios, including the BF-F8HP
- Definite improvement in signal and voice clarity over your stock antenna
- Works pretty well in less than ideal conditions as well
- Max power it can handle is 10 watts
- Some users seem to have some problem with the design of the antenna; a particular user suggests in that case trimming the plastic base of the antenna will do the trick and help get the optimum performance from it
Like many other users, if you just want to get the battery in the Baofeng full accessory kit we reviewed above, then click on the Amazon link below and you will find it. It’s the exact same large capacity 3800mAh battery that’s included in the kit we reviewed above.
It’s priced much cheaper than the cost of the entire kit, so it will save quite a bit of money for users that only want to get the battery. But it’s a high-quality battery that should easily last 2 days for average users on the go.
The build quality is great and it feels solid in your hands. It also offers a much better grip when holding than holding the radio itself, making it even better for your outdoor trips.
- Great option for those that are only looking for a high capacity battery for their Baofeng BF-F8HP
- Large capacity of 3800mAh makes it great for travel and outdoor use
- Solid build quality and offers a great grip
- Great price for the capacity
- There’s nothing really that we find worth complaining about this product.
Similarly, if you’re only looking for a programming cable you don’t have to buy the full accessory kit either. You can just buy this programming cable compatible with Baofeng and Kenwood two way radios, among other brands too.
Unlike other cheap programming cables, this cable really works, and it works pretty well. It’s also a plug and play, and doesn’t require any old drivers. This will turn out to be very useful for beginners.
It automatically downloads the drivers as soon as you plug it into your PC. You don’t have to download anything or use any disk. You don’t even need the post config.
- A programming cable that would work great for programming your Baofeng BF-F8HP
- It works pretty well and offers a completely trouble-free programming with its plug and play functionality
- No need to download anything or use any disks, it does pretty much everything on its own
- The operation is very simple with CHIRP
- It’s definitely a little pricey, but for a truly functional programming cable that makes the lives of beginner Hams easier, it’s worth it
We reviewed different accessories for your Baofeng BF-F8HP that would allow you to stay connected with the Ham world when traveling. But let us also tell you that list isn’t complete without a quality radio holder holster case.
This holster case is very functional and versatile, while being a perfect fit for your BF-F8HP. It’s 3-in-1 design means that you can hang it to your belt, waist and even your chest.
It’s made of high-quality nylon, and one of the most durable radio holder cases you will find on the market. This case holds your radio securely, and is also comfortable to carry around thanks to its snug fit when attaching to your belt.
- Perfect holder case for holding and carrying your BF-F8HP
- Made using high-quality nylong
- Durable and long-lasting
- 3-in-1 design allows attaching to belt, waist and chest
- The price is fair too, and most customers find nothing wrong with this holder holster case. We didn’t either!
Baofeng BF-F8HP Accessories
The Baofeng BF-F8HP is one of the most functional Ham radios on the market. It offers a great value for money especially for its surprisingly affordable price tag.
However, you can improve its functionality and overall utility further with the right accessories. And we have reviewed the best accessories you need to do that.
The antenna we reviewed works great with the BF-F8HP, improving its range and voice clarity significantly. The programming cable we reviewed makes programming the BF-F8HP a breeze for beginners.
The 3800mAh battery is one of the most useful accessories, allowing Hams to use their BF-F8HP on their outdoor trips without having to worry about running out of battery.
The holster case might not seem as useful, but it works great at protecting your BF-F8HP while traveling while also making it easy to carry around.