The Siglent SDS1104X-E is one of the most advanced digital oscilloscopes on the market. It comes packed with great features and performs incredibly well and has a built-in web server.
It’s a 4 channel scope with 100 MHz bandwidth, 1 GSA/use, 14 divisions on the signal grid, super responsive user interface, low signal noise levels, and offers 1Gs/sec at 2 channels which is great when compared to other similar products like the Rigol 1000Z.
Siglent SDS1104X-E Features
Let us discuss some of these features in more detail below.
While the SDS1104X-E is priced on the higher side, it’s well worth every penny it asks for given the kind of performance it brings to the table.
Sure, there are some cheaper, comparable options, but they do not even come close to matching the SDS1104X-E’s performance which is definitely one of the best digital oscilloscopes on the market.
For instance, the SDS1104X-E offers a sampling rate of 1Gs/sec at 2 channels while the Rigol 1000Z only manages 500Ms/sec at 2 channels. The same goes for the sampling rate at 4 channels as well; the SDS1104X-E fares much better.
It comes with a built-in web server, and it’s indeed a powerful one. It’s one of the few digital oscilloscopes that manage to offer an update speed fast enough to make viewing the signals on your PC genuinely useful.
A LAN connection is needed, but it’s way easier to set up than it might think. Many users get it all set up and running within a minute.
The signal noise levels are also probably the lowest you may have ever seen, which allow you to see some low voltage signals fairly easily. You can also integrate the MSO capability, a luxury you wouldn’t find with something like the Rigol DS1054Z.
If you think the advanced features and solid performance of the SDS1104X-E mean a more difficult user experience, think again. The SDS1104X-E has one of the most responsive user interfaces you will find in a digital scope.
You get 14 divisions on the signal grid instead of 12, menu headings are neatly put out of the view of the waveform view area, and the pre-calibrated 4 probes are impressive. The cables are good quality and flexible too, which does play its role in improving the overall user experience.
Then there are memory functions, external storage, math functions (which include the fourier transforms), and even a logic capture. You name the feature and this beast likely has it.
The signal decoding features are another great extra to have in this price range. This is another thing you likely wouldn’t find in any other scope in this price range.
We can go on and on about the tons of features this device packs in its fairly compact body, but our fingers aren’t up for the task. So let us just walk you through a few more important ones.
- Quite a few different triggering modes
- Powered by an innovative SPO (Super-Phosphor Oscilloscope) technology
- Bode plot (which is placed right on the screen)
- Impressive record length that goes up to 14 Mpts
- Large screen that features color coding
Now, on to some quick pros and cons.
- Best performance you can get in this price range
- Best 4 channel scope for the price
- Great sampling rate at both 2 channels and 4 channels
- Remote access (comes with built-in web server)
- Signal noise levels are the lowest you will find among all the comparable products
- Option to integrate MSO capability
- Very response user interface, surprisingly easy to use and set up
- Supports signal decoding
- Lots and lots of features
- The fans of the scope are a little noisy, but certainly not to the point that they get annoying
- You may sometimes end up shifting the 1X/10X switch without wanting to, so you will need to be a bit careful with that
Siglent SDS1104X-E Review Conclusion
The Siglent SDS1104X-E is without a doubt the most advanced digital scope you can buy without breaking the bank. You would probably pay a lot more for the kind of performance, functionality and features it offers, but Siglent has managed to do a surprising job with the SDS1104X-E offering it at this price.
If you’re looking for an advanced digital scope that comes with pretty much all the features you may ever need – but at a reasonably affordable price – the SDS1104X-E is what you should go ahead and order on Amazon by clicking on the button below.Check Price on Amazon