The Tektronix TBS1152B is one of the most advanced scopes of the Tektronix series, with the Tektronix TBS1032B being the most basic option. It comes with 150 MHz bandwidth and 2 GS/s sampling, with the record length being 2.5kpts per channel and a USB 2.0 interface.
The reason it ranks among the best digital oscilloscopes is that it comes with tons of advanced features that allow users to work on a wide range of applications. Some of these features include advanced and delay triggering, ability to work just as well on difficult signals, very accurate measurements, large color screen with magnifying feature, great pulse signal details and so on.
Tektronix TBS1152B Features
Let’s go through some of its important features in more detail.
Covers a Wide Range of Applications
The TBS1152B is advanced enough with its 150 MHz bandwidth and 2 GS/s sampling rate. There are only 2 channels but most users may not need more than that.
However, it’s the great advanced features that really allow it to work on a wide range of applications. They include some of the most demanding ones as well, making it a great alternative to high-end scopes if you can’t afford them.
Some of its advanced features like delay triggering and ability to trigger on the most difficult of signals, amazing pulse signal details, and a large screen with the ability to magnify particular areas are particularly impressive.
The TBS1152B doesn’t leave much to be desired on the functionality front as well. It comes with dual window FFT, which means that you will be able to fetch both the time and frequency values at the same time.
There’s built-in waveform limit, dual channel frequency counter, advanced data logging feature, auto-ranging features and more. These all combine to offer a great level of functionality which not only makes getting measurements easier but also allows you to get a much more detailed information from your applications.
And this is all with an easy-to-use user interface that’s very intuitive and has many easy controls that also greatly add to the overall functionality.
The TBS1152B boasts a 3% vertical measurement accuracy with a great, detailed view of your signals. The real-time sampling works great as well and fantastically complements the impressive accuracy.
Another thing some users might be pleased to know that the sampling performance is not affected in any way even when you change the horizontal settings or if you decide to use multiple channels at once, which can definitely help those annoying situations when the sampling performance isn’t as stable as you want it to be.
Finally, the great accuracy and the other features we discussed above pave the way for a more detailed analysis of your signals as it allows you to see their true characteristics.
- Very advanced scope that works great for the most demanding of applications out there
- Delay triggering, ability to trigger on the otherwise very-difficult-to-trigger signals, dual window FFT and more are some great advanced features that mean a solid overall performance
- The large 7-inch color screen is very functional and allows users to zoom the areas they want to study in detail
- The TBS1152B is probably as accurate as it can get in this price range, and the great accuracy is complemented by super stable sampling performance
- Amazing pulse signal details and other features offer a super in-depth, detailed analysis of your signals
- Great durability and build quality
- Comes with 2 probes (so you don’t need to buy them separately)
- The memory per channel is just 2.5kpts, which is a bit disappointing at this price point
- The display refresh rate can sometimes end up being much slower than you would expect
Tektronix TBS1152B Review Conclusion
The Tektronix TBS1152B is a great advanced digital oscilloscope that offers a lot of features that advanced users would love to have. In addition, it also boasts a solid overall performance and great functionality as well.
Despite all the advanced features, it manages to be pretty easy to use with great controls and a user-friendly interface.
All in all, it’s a great buy if those high-end scopes out there are too expensive for you. How much does it cost? Find out by clicking the button below.Check Price on Amazon